Works on 2003-2007 Trucks, Buses and Generators with DDEC IV, V engines
We need installers. Please call for details (704) 315-5249 or 980-201-5691
Find the altimeter/Barometric Pressure Sensor. It is located in the wiring harness above starter. (see illustration below)
Barometric Pressure Sensor #5
1. Make sure the key is off. Then look for the sensor in the wire harness. Peel back wiring harness shroud about one inch or more so wires can be seen. Look and see if the wires are pink, black, white in color.
2. Unlock red tab by sliding to the left. Look in the area by the wires and press or squeeze the back to unlock. remove the sensor and place in a safe place in the vehicle.
3. Plug in The Ugly Fix® and lock red tab.
4. Take the new chip and place back by the wiring harness and zip tie back into place.
5. Crank the engine and look on the dash board clusters for engine light. (Check engine) If out, all is installed correctly. EGR is off and turbo vanes are open.
Note: If engine light is on, re-check installation.
The Ugly Fix™ Installations
Shops that Install
What is the code if The Ugly Fix™ quits working ?
It would read ( SHT INCORRECT VOLT BARO) Our part works or doesn't work. There is no in-between.